This chat board is for comments on models, mag features, events, and all model-related stuff

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The new SI Swimsuit issue will be revealed in less than 24 hours - as the clock is ticking down, we go into flashback mode...

I remember when Yamila Diaz-Rahi got the cover - I was in Vegas for a geek trade show and since I was the only one reporting on her modeling work at the time, my site (and the server that hosted it) exploded...I found out that Yamila was the culprit a couple of days later, after getting angry calls from the server owner - I couldn't even see my own pages...fascinating faces on the SI Swimsuit issue cover generated lots of excitement back then. When I managed to finally get back into my site, a nasty bossy female character threatened to throw me out of the show PC area coz I was looking at pics of women in swimsuits...welcome to the USA !

You know something stinks when the fashionable crapsters who used to giggle about "women in swimsuits" suddenly get all fired up about swimsuit models - it took Carolyn Murphy (IMG bought the SI Swimsuit cover page for her last year) to get them excited...we'll soon know if SI sells out for the second year in a row...

Then and Now dept - anyone noticed Danita Angell in the NYC shows? That's Danita in the pic, from an Elite Models party, back in 96 or 97, soon after she was snatched from an Oregon highschool...the cute boy next to her is now the president of Trump Models...if you have any equally embarassing pics of Ivan Bart and the like, email me...

The NYT asks the question - "Would you buy Karl Lagerfeld brand products even though Karl hasn't designed the clothes himself?"

Xcuz me - why not, does Miuccia Prada design anything? She knows shit about fashion design, since she has a PhD in Political Science and the actual design is done by low-cost labor from UK Art Schools (which is why they get the "English housewife look" so right every time)

Beauty and the Beast (you decide which one is which - I won't comment) Marylin Manson - the character on the right- picked "21st century model" Lily Cole for his upcoming movie...IMG propably thinks Gemma W (or some Gemma-noid) will follow...I thought the Heigl girl looked great in "Bride of Chucky" - others liked the bride's looks a lot more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home