This chat board is for comments on models, mag features, events, and all model-related stuff

Friday, December 09, 2005

I reported on Elena Santarelli before - she was "discovered" in 1998, when she made the final of the Elite Model Look contest, something rare for Italian mods...I was heavily into Eastern European mods at the time, but Elena stole some of my attention. She was only 16/17 yo or so, but taller than most fashion mods - an interesting twist on the tall kittenish blonde concept, since she is from Latina, near Rome, and loves carbonaras...you can see one of my own photos in this page, from those that I shot after the 1998 model contest was over, with Elena standing next to Valeria Mazza. The following day, the contest finalists spent several hours shooting on the beach in front of hotel Negresco in Nice, and I had a better chance to observe Elena (although some Russians/Slovaks grabbed most of my attention, I must admit) while strolling down the Promenade des Anglais. Ellen V Unwerth also shot several of the contest finalists inside the hotel, with the pics appearing in French PHOTO and other mags in late 1998/early 1999 issues.
I reported again on Elena when she appeared on the cover of Maxim Italia, a few years ago (pic also in the link) - it seems she became far more visible since then, probably thanks to her participation in a "Survivor" - style reality show on Italian TV. The big news is that she was recently in Max magazine, and has her own 2006 calendar - I guess you need to buy Max to get it.
I almost puked when I saw Hefner with his standard US-issue busty blonde babes on CNN the other day - I like Elena types (sexy bodies with model dimensions) much better...more than any truckload of US blondie celebs of the sort that infest the mainstream media...
The notion that men like only sensual pics of over-inflated bimbos like Pamela Anderson was proven wrong by the success of Maxim in the US market - even if the mag no longer uses sexy fashion models, as they did originally, to establish their market position.
Elena decided to "reveal" a lot more of her assets to the public recently, as seen here - I am impressed...

1 Comments:

At 12/10/2005 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shes very sexy naturally. but damn those boobs are the FAKEST things ive ever seen on a model! they are just ripping my eyes out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home