This chat board is for comments on models, mag features, events, and all model-related stuff

Friday, June 10, 2005

NYC Events Dept - Gilette kicked off the "Gillette Venus Vibrance Contest", with various ladies showing off their legs in a big PR event. Since this is a family-oriented site, I won't make any jokes about the "battery-powered Venus Vibrance" product - it turns out it's a women's razor. The main leggy attractions at the party were Hilary are Haylie Duff, who I guess are US celebs - although they look like some ladies I once met outside a pub in Swindon.
Anyway - all this reminds me that fashion/beauty modeling used to be a lot more fun, and there was a time when the Russian mods who are nowdays hip in NYC "high fashion" couldn't even get past door control in Moscow agency castings. Back then, when Gilette wanted a good model to showcase their products, they would go for someone like Ksenia Agafonova. All I can say is - her legs looked even more impressive from a few feet away. I told Ksenia she could kick me all day long if she wanted - but no luck.



4 Comments:

At 6/19/2005 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Russian mods are incredibly mundane. They all look the same.

 
At 6/19/2005 3:47 PM, Blogger FV said...

Well - that may be true for the Russian mods that you know about...

I dn't think Zelyaeva, Vodianova, Semanova, Bondarenko, Kovalchuk, Zavialova, etc have anything in common...

 
At 6/20/2005 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to see if anyone can post one russian i find attractive.

 
At 6/20/2005 12:53 PM, Blogger FV said...

I suspect noone will bother...

One plane ticket to Moscow will help you understand...it's not free, but what the heck...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home